Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Mug Rug and Goodies Swap 2011

Well, today off I went to the post office to mail off the fruits of my sewing!

I joined a really neat quilting swap -- it was hosted by Cindy over at http://fluffysheepquilting.blogspot.com/.

The idea was to make a mug rug and a goodie for two partners -- it was a secret swap and my partners were a lady in the US and one in Great Britain.

Now this was a real stretch out of my comfort zone -- I don't mind sewing for my family -- but this was totally different!  But I did it and enjoyed it.  I know -- those of you who now me knows that Chrissy & I have our own small business sewing therapy bags, aprons and bags ....but this was different.

Instead of sewing with things I liked -- I had to take into consideration my two partners likes and styles ....and that was a bit mind boggling!  It was kinda funny -- the one partner I thought would be really easy to do ...but WOW it was hard.

I've never used Flickr before and I am learning -- some parts -- really easy and other parts -- well that is a work in progress.


It doesn't help that life on the homefront was super crazy but the thing is -- I did it and am even contemplating doing another one!

No comments:

Post a Comment