Sunday, December 18, 2011

All Crafted Out!

I am all crafted out and that's why I haven't blogged for a bit!!

Chrissy & I managed to do 7 craft fairs this season and that is ALOT!!  Plus factor in that my oldest daughter got married on Oct 31st in Puerto Vallarta and that this is the busiest season at work -- it's no wonder I haven't blogged since early October!

We had a great time at the majority of our fairs -- we had some goods one and some ...well ..not quite good.
But we enjoyed it and saw and met quite a few folks -- it's always fun ...and it is hard work!!

I must say for anyone who thinks making handmade items is a cheap and fast way of making money -- you have no clue!!  I would challenge anyone to follow us for a week and see the preparation that goes into signing up for one!  It's work, work, work! Plus the set up, the actual craft fair itself and breaking down all of your displays and carting it home again.  But we do enjoy it or we would not continue doing it!!

That being said -- I figure we have about 2 weeks of being able to pleasure sew and then we need to take stock of what we have and what we need.  We are planning on trying to get in to The Festival of Crafts that is put on at the Round Up Centre at our Calgary Exhibition & Stampede Grounds.

It is a 4 day event and you have to be juried in -- so we need to get all of our ducks in a row and work on our application.  The booth is quite expensive but the foot traffic is incredible so it might be the only one we do for the 2012 year -- it's hard to say.  Will let everyone know if we get accepted!

For now -- I must go -- it is almost dinner time and we are headed to my best friends place for supper with the crew and looking forward to a lovely meal, lovely time with our friends & cake!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment